Alan is fortunate to have been awarded a 5-year NSF CAREER award for his project: “Predicting high-resolution RNA tertiary structures using an experimentally callibrated force-field for RNA folding”. This exciting development will finally allow us to test out all the crazy-cool ideas we’ve been coming up with on how to fold biologically relevant RNA’s using computer simulations. We are looking for talented and adventurous graduate students to help carry out these exciting projects which are collaborations with Dr. Julius Lucks’ synthethic biology lab at Northwestern and Dr. Katja Petzold’s NMR Dynamics lab at the Karolinska Institute.
- Alan receives NSF CAREER Award! March 14, 2017
- New Review Article out in WIRES RNA!!! March 14, 2017
- New paper in Langmuir on DNA-graphene interactions July 29, 2016
- New paper out in RNA using simulations to interpreting RNA SHAPE experiments! July 29, 2016
- Three new papers on properties of modified RNA’s now out in print! July 29, 2016